PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.08.2010

Appreciated

We had a really fantastic weekend. We loved our Easter weekend that was only made better by hearing the words of a modern day Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. I was SO uplifted, inspired and encouraged to be better. I did have one interesting experience while listening...


I was enjoying Sister Becks talk during the Saturday session when the doorbell rang. I was a little annoyed because I was really into the talk :) Sister Beck was talking about how we feel the need to be appreciated, but how we need to look for that appreciation and validation in the right places. As I reluctantly went to open the door this is what I found:




My sweet husband had these delivered to me, for no reason at all but to tell me thank you. Seriously?! I was so floored, and it meant so much to me! The timing also struck me as I was thinking about Sister Becks comments.


The simple truth is we all need to feel appreciated. Everyone needs to feel that they are of worth and that they have something special to give. The problem is, the world is not extremely conducive to giving that appreciation. So in our own ways I think we try to get that appreciation, and I think thats great! But it was a wonderful reminder to me that the only real validation I need is from my Heavenly Father and my family. It also made me think what a powerful opportunity we have as women to support each other and lift each other up. I am extremely blessed to be surrounded by amazing women: Friends, Aunts, Grandmas, Mothers, Sisters in Law, etc and I hope in the future to strive harder to show them my appreciation, and let them know how wonderful they are!


So to all the wonderful women in my life that make me better, THANK YOU!! The things you do don't go unnoticed, and the impact you have had on my life trickle down to my children and make all of us better :)




1 comments:

~Conradis~

Oh what amazing timing on those flowers! Tonii, you are amazing in EVERY way and I say that almost EVERY time I write, but you are and I am inspired by you! Love ya