PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.12.2011

Fit Friday...no gym, no problem!



Hey everyone!! Welcome to another Fit Friday :) Today I wanted to talk a little bit about some simple excercises and videos you can do from home if working out at a gym is not practical for you.


After having my 4th baby I knew I was going to have to ease myself back into working out pretty slowly so both of these videos are much lower impact, but also have the option of bumping it up once you feel a little stronger. I also love that they both have different levels so you can switch it up so you're not doing the same thing every day. Another bonus: they are super cheap! I think they were both $9 each at Walmart...can't beat that! :)


The great thing about these workouts are all you need are some hand weights and you are ready to go! I got mine from Walmart for super cheap.


Don't be turned off by the title of this first one :) When I think of power walk I do NOT think of a killer workout, but this one is actually pretty good. It has 4 seperate 1 mile walks, and 2 of them use weights or a medicine ball. If you have the time, do all 4 and in about an hour you have gone approximately 4 miles and really worked your upper body as well. This was a great way to start excercising after having a baby, it got me up and moving without overdoing it.



This next video is my favorite! Again it has 3 different levels, so as you progress you can add on levels until you get to where you can do the entire video, which is 55 minutes. It is a FULL body workout, you are constantly working upper and lower body at the same time, and then inbetween sets of weights getting your heart rate up with jumping jacks, push-ups and jumping squats. The stronger you get the heavier weights you can use so it doesn't get too easy for you :) This bootcamp is great if you are like me and need to work a little bit on EVERYTHING :)

These are just 2 that I have really enjoyed as I have gotten back into the groove of things. As you get stronger and stronger, there are some amazing killer workouts out there like P90X, Insanity, and more. These 2 are wonderful for starting out and rebuilding some of that muscle and endurance you may be missing.

I really enjoyed the opportunity I took last week to focus on the things I like about my body, it was amazing what a difference a change in attitude will do for you! My goal this week is silly, but really important! I have upped my workouts at the gym to some killer cardio and spin classes. I LOVE them and have really felt a change in my body since I started, but I am horrible about going to class on an empty stomach. This week my goal is to have a protein shake before I work out. Ughhh...just writing the word protein makes me gag! I cannot stand protein powder, but I notice a huge change when I have a little something in my system before I attack a workout. SO, wish me luck as I muscle down these protein shakes :)

I hope you all have a wonderful week and stay positive as you make even little changes in your life that can help you get a little more Fit!! :)