PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.16.2011

Conference Socks

I wanted to share with you today a fun tradition we started in our family last year that was really easy and inexpensive to do, but that the kids absolutely loved. It also ties in a wonderful spiritual message for the litte ones and makes General Conference just a little bit more fun!


Every year I try to come up with ways to help my little ones not only listen and pay attention during conference, but also get excited about it! It really is a beautiful thing, an entire weekend dedicated to hearing the words of our latter-day prophets, hearing the things our Father in Heaven needs us to be better in....but also renewing our love and dedication to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I want to share my love of General Conference and thought up this simple way to make it a little more special for them.


I blogged this idea last year but made up a printable this year and got much cuter pictures (my most fantastic hubby got me a new camera for my birthday....I am a little obsessed with it!:).


All you need to start this fun tradition with your family are a new pair of socks for each family member, a container to put them in, and our little Conference Socks poem :)


My girls LOVE anything Hello Kitty, and my little man is crazy about monkeys, so when I found these socks in the Dollar Spot at Target I knew it was my lucky day! I grabbed the container at the dollar store, it came in a pack of 2 so only .50 for that cute bucket.



Then I quickly threw together this printable today. Honestly, I wrote the poem and it is not my best work. If there are any poets out there, feel free to revamp it and send it over to me...I need all the help I can get. If not, this one works just fine and does a good job of expressing what exactly Conference Socks are :)

Once I printed the poem off I just backed it with some fun scrapbook paper like so:









And here is your finished product!!


I love our Conference Socks tradition, it is a simple way to try and help my kids understand feeling the Spirit just a little bit better.


Thank you SO much for stopping by this little blog of mine, and please share...what are some ways you make conference special for YOUR family?? :)

18 comments:

Lyndee W.

Cute idea! I love fuzzy socks!

Cara and Mike

Tonii, I almost cried reading your little poem! Seriously - I AM TOTALLY DOING THIS... I really am!! What a wonderful thing for the kids to look forward to!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVe this idea.... Did i say that I love this idea? Because, I totally love it. :) heheheh - I seriously am so SO impressed with you Tonii - You take motherhood above and beyond the call of duty! Thank you soo much for sharing your amazing talent ... to those of us.. a little less fortunate! Talk about keeping your covenant to use your time and talents to build the kingdom - I look at your followers and I think.. man! Thats 138 people who are enjoying and using your ideas and in turn strengthening their families... you are incredible!!!

Lindsay

I LOVE this idea. And I am SO using it--with credit to you, of course! What a great little thing to get the kids ready for a day of listening to conference. THANK YOU for being so inspiring!

Miss Kendra

Oh how I wish it was chilly in Mesa AZ on the first weekend of October. Trying to brainstorm a way to make this work :)

Kemi

This is amazing! Thank you SO MUCH!

Enjoying the Chaos

This is excellent! As primary president I wish I could do this for our primary! I might have to look into how much that would cost!! But definitely going to do this at home!!!
Lisa
http://chickensbunniesandhomeschool.blogspot.com/

Diane's Photography

That is an absulutely darling idea! I'm going to try that with my grandkids and the big kids too...I LOVE it!

Brave Brooke

This is a fantastic idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lolly Jane

Such a creative idea! All geared up for conference now ;)

We're featuring this at our Whatcha Got Weekend party... can't wait to see what you link up this week :)
XO

Ladybird Ln

This is such a FUN idea! I am saving it for next conference for sure!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

jna

Such a sweet idea! Thank you for sharing! I'm going to use it next conference for my boys & my YW:)

Renée

Thanks for a really fun idea. My YW will love getting fuzzy warm socks to match the feelings in their hearts!

Unknown

Adorable idea! Following from tatertots and jello-stop by for a visit!

Kirstylee

This is so cute! I have some manly sons, but even they love socks. This is such a great idea to make General Conference extra special.

Susan

Thanks for this! I just got back from Target getting my YW all cute socks to go with this! I love that there are creative people like you in the world who do this kind of thing...makes my calling so much easier! :)

J-ME

Thanks for the darling Idea! I just delivered my YW their new fuzzy conference socks! They loved them.

skoolzytoy

That's awesome learning toys for toddlers. glad so many people seem to love this movie! Thank you! :)

Unknown

Hi,
Thanks for Posting this Article on your site. I Really Love this Idea. best learning toys for toddlers