PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.02.2012

Valentine's After School Snack

Hey everyone!! Now that its officially February Valentines Day is right around the corner. I LOVE holidays and try to squeeze every bit possible out of the day :) Here is a really simple, yummy after school snack you can give your kids on a cold Valentines Day :)

I don't know about you...but my kids LOVE cinnamon sugar toast! This is also going to be a special treat for them because I NEVER buy white bread. I figure thats just one thing I can substitute in our diet that will make a big difference. My kids (and when I say kids I am including my husband!:) always beg me to buy white bread so they are really going to think this is a treat :)

To make this cute toast all you need to do is toast your bread, then butter it lightly. Once it was buttered I cut it into a heart shape and then sprinkled my handy-dandy Sparkling Sugar on it to make it look so pretty :)

I always shake off the excess in the sink....my kids don't need THAT much sugar! ;)

For the drink you could do Strawberry Mik, regular milk with a little food coloring, or French Vanilla Hot Chocolate with ONE drop of food coloring. My kids always come running in from school with little red noses and cold hands so I am opting for the Hot Chocolate.

When you put it all together, you have a fun, QUICK after school snack to give your little valentines :)



Catch a Glimpse Button



Seven Alive


button



http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday

8 comments:

Michelle Paige

What a super fun treat! I love it!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted

This looks twenty times better than the junk I just ate on the road today while traveling!! Sweet treat!

Alex

Love this!

New Follower! Would love for you to follow me back!
http://whatthismommythinks.blogspot.com

Lindsay

Really cute idea! I'm sure this would be a hit at my house as well! Thanks for sharing!

jess@balancing the dream

ohhhh....you have sold me on this one!!! sugary sprinkles are my FAV!!! i know what we will be making this weekend!!!

Unknown

Very cute! I used to make heart shaped toast for my kids when they were sick. Now it's star shaped toast because the heart is completely worn out and had to be thrown away! They love cinnamon sugar on the toast and they like to dip it in whipped cream...LOL!

Kimberly

Stopped by from Happy Go Lucky Mingle with Us hop. LOVE the idea of heart and pink cinnamon toast. I love cinnamon toast and always forget about it. Now I'm craving it.

Unknown

How sweet!! I LOVE this idea. My kiddos would go crazy for this. We make cinnamon sugar toast but I never thought of using colored sugar. So clever. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.