PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.22.2012

Smiling this Sunday!

Even though we had a really great week, and there are a LOT of things I am smiling about today, one thing makes me smile the most...

Yesterday I finished the Salt Lake City Half-Marathon!  Oh man...it was SO hard!  I thought I had trained well enough, but I definitely could have done a lot more.  I was a little dissapointed that I had to stop and walk a few times, but still proud that I finished that crazy thing!!
 

This is my favorite picture.  I felt SO sick and was about to throw up when I saw my family at the finish line :)  Best feeling ever!

My sister-in-law Jen ran it with me.  She is a rockstar.  Without any training she was pulling my butt the whole way!  I am so glad she was with me to keep me going!


My other sister-in-law Camille (another amazing runner in my family) was at the finish line with homemade signs...I really have the best family ever!  And I don't know HOW I didn't get a picture of you Camille!



Paul was amazing.  He woke up super early, got all 4 kids ready and drove them all almost an hour to sit in the sun and wait for me reach the finish line.  Meant the world to me that he would support me so much.



My dear friend Hollie also brought her whole family to cheer me on.  Plus she took all these fantastic pictures...I am a lucky girl indeed.

What an experience!  It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I reached my goal and finished under 2 1/2 hours (not by much...but still!)  If you would have asked me yesterday, I would have said I will never do that again...but today I am already thinking I might HAVE to do it again to try and finish one a little bit stronger :)

Today I am smiling because I did something I never thought I could do...and most importantly TOLD myself I could never do.  Thanks to all my wonderful friends and family that could "BEE" with me every step of the way ;)

Have a great Sunday everyone!!


13 comments:

Anonymous

Wonderful post, love all the pictures, Way to go! How exciting to run in a marathon, hopefully oneday I can accomplish something like that. I know you felt so blessed to have your family there at the finish line. Coming over from The Grant Life!

Kelly

Hey girl! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop today. I am so happy I found you. I am also a mama of 4 and will be running my 1st 1/2 in September! I'm nervous and excited I've never ran that far in a race before! EEK!

KC Coake

Congrats on finishing the 1/2 marathon! I just finished my first 10k. After 2 years and a couple of injuries, I finally got to do it! It felt amazing. I am sure you are feeling super proud and in awe of yourself. Way to go!
I blogged about my 10k as well as a few things about running, if you want to come over and check them out. I love finding other mom bloggers who are runners... :-)
Congrats!

KC Coake

I forgot to add that I am a new follower. I also forgot to add that I am training for my first 1/2 later this year as well.

Heidi

That is awesome!! What an accomplishment! I am training for my first half marathon this year too...it is in September so I have a ways to go but I am pumped bc I have wanted to do this for the last 3 years!!!

Justine

So jealous! I would love to be able to run a half marathon! Good for you! I'm your newest follower, came over from the Grant Life...looking forward to joining in on the fun!

Nicole

Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment!

Unknown

You are amazing Tonii and such an inspiration to me! Congrats!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted

What a wonderfuly accomplishment, you deserve to smile about it as much as you'd like! I feel like dying and throwing up when I've only run 2 blocks...haha

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted

What a wonderfuly accomplishment, you deserve to smile about it as much as you'd like! I feel like dying and throwing up when I've only run 2 blocks...haha

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

Congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment and you deserve a pat on the back!

I am awarding you the Versatile Blog award! Stop by and pick it up!

http://jill-createcraftlove.blogspot.com

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

jess@balancing the dream

congrats on the run!! that's amazing!! I have a 5K coming up, and that is kicking my butt...i couldn't imagine a half marathon! You rock!!

Michelle Paige

You're a runner?! A half marathon runner? Wow! You amaze me! Congrats to you!