PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.12.2013

Turkey Pancakes!

 And no...I do NOT mean pancakes made out of real turkey! ;)

This morning I realized that Thanksgiving is in just 2 1/2 weeks...and we haven't done one turkey craft, activity or treat.  Unacceptable!  I guess that's what happens when your boys (7 months old and 4 years old) battle strep and double ear infections for 10 days.  Oh man...last week was one of those mommy weeks where you just want to run away from it all.  Luckily, most of the kids are all better this week and I was able to get away for the weekend and get some much-needed girl time with my mom, aunt and sister-in-law.  I came home ready to tackle life and get back to enjoying this wonderful time of year with my favorite people :)

This morning as I was preparing our breakfast (trying to console my crying kids because we had NO milk for cereal and they ONLY want cereal for breakfast EVERY single day) I thought maybe I could add a little something to our normal pancakes to start the day off with a little fun.  What we came up with were these Turkey Pancakes!


All you need to make some of your own are 2 pancakes, one a little bit smaller for the head.  Then slice up an orange and an apple and arrange the slices to make the turkey's feathers.  Finally we made chocolate chip eyes, candy corn beak and red frosting for the wobbler-thingy (really need to find out what that is really called!) and we had a darling little Turkey Pancake Breakfast.

Thanks so much for checking out Blue Skies Ahead today!  We have some fun crafts, treats and activities to share so come back again soon :)