PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

12.10.2013

Family Movie Night {How the Grinch Stole Christmas}

 This past weekend we once again had our Friday Family Movie Night, this time the feature presentation was How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  This is one of our absolute favorite Christmas movies, so the kids were super excited.  Plus, my husband was out of town and I had promised them we could camp out under the Christmas tree and watch it...it ended up being kind of a magical night.

Before our movie got underway, I prepared these super easy and yummy Grinch-themed treats for the kids to enjoy.  I have seen BOTH of these ideas on Pinterest...but when I tried to look them up I could never find the exact links!  So please leave me a comment if you know where these darling ideas came from, I definitely cannot take the credit!

First up, we made Fruity Grinch Kebobs.  Just green grapes, strawberries and a mini-marshmallow make up this treat, and the kids loved sticking everything on the toothpicks.


For our drink I made up these really simple Grinch Floats.

All I did was dip the tops of little mason jars in some green crystal sugar.  Then I filled the cups with some lime sherbet and topped them off with Sprite.  After that I just threw in some festive straws and we were ready to begin our movie!


Thanks so much for stopping by Blue Skies Ahead today!!